Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Five Worst Movies of the Year

Now, I have to tell you about five of the worst movies of 2009. Sadly, I really didn't like every one of these terrible movies. I hope you never have to see these bad films. So here it goes (feel free to write a comment and tell me some I missed).

1. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. PG-13
Why: Never before has a movie disappointed me so much as Transformers 2. The acting is terrible, the plot is terrible, the script is terrible, and the directing is terrible. There are a few laughs and maybe one cool fight scene but, it was way too long. It got boring. Really boring. I hope none of you have to see this.
Who: Michael Bay (director), Shia La Beouf (Sam Witwicky), Megan Fox (Mikaela Banes).
Where: It isn't in theaters anymore but it is out on DVD.

2. G. I. Joe Rise of Cobra PG-13
Why: This movie was almost as bad as Transformers 2 but, unlike Transformers, this script is filled to the brim with cheesy one-liners. It is poorly written and (like I said in my last post) everything relies on the script. You'd think if they could figure out how to destroy the Eiffel Tower with creepy green stuff, they could figure how to write a good script. The acting was mediocre and I think it was Dennis Quaid's worst performance of the year. I seriously hope this movie doesn't have a sequel or if there's a sequel I hope it'll be a good one so it can wash this horrible taste out of my mouth.
Who: Stephen Sommers (director), Channing Tatum (Duke Hauser), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord).
Where: It isn't in theaters anymore but it is out on DVD.

3.2012 PG-13
Why: This movie was terrible. The effects, don't get me wrong, were amazing, but, you can only see the ground crack and crumble so many times before it gets a little (scratch that, a lot) redundant. I had high hopes for this movie and I wish it had come a quarter of a way there to my expectations. I really liked Woody Harrelson but even he didn't come even close to my expectations. There is only about one good scene in the movie and I wish the movie would have been that good. I hope this isn't gonna happen because that would be terrible.
Who: John Cusack (Jackson Curtis), Amanda Peet (Kate Curtis), Chiwetel Ejiofor (Adrian Helmsley), Oliver Platt (Carl Anhuser), Woody Harrelson (Charlie Frost).
Where: It isn't in theaters anymore and it isn't out on DVD yet.

4.X-Men Origins: Wolverine PG-13
Why: Along with 2012 I had high expectations for this movie and (like 2012) it fell short. I loved the other X-Men movies and when I heard there was going to be a Wolverine solo movie, I got really excited. So I went, and walking out of the theater I thought it was ok. Then I thought about it more - the acting wasn't great, the writing wasn't great - it just didn't cut it for me. And I wait 'till the end of most movies so I can see the button (the little clip that's sometimes at the end of the credits). This movie had one of the worst buttons I've ever seen. I really hope the next installment of X-Men Origins is better than this one.
Who: Gavin Hood (director), Hugh Jackman (Logan a.k.a Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Victor Creed a.k.a Sabertooth).
Where: Not in theaters out on DVD.

5. Knowing
Why: This movie was not anything that I thought it would be. I don't think that this movie should get any credit for anything. The movie all the way through was pretty boring. There was a terrible ending and I thought that it didn't make any sense. The opening is creepy and the whole movie alone is creepy. It's disturbing and disturbingly bad. I have been a fan of Nicolas Cage and this movie let me down a lot. I hope no one ever has to see this film.
Who: Alex Proyas (director), Nicolas Cage (John Koestler), Chandler Canterbury (Caleb Koestler)
Where: Not in theaters. Out on DVD.

So there you have it. My least favorite movies of 2009. Here's to a year of good movies. Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. G.I Joe and X-men orgins were both amazing movies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you say that x men origins was in the top 5 worst movies!!! You are crazy!!! (Why isn't Alvin and the chipmunks #1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these movies had great reviews and were said to be amzing! james james james..

    ReplyDelete