Saturday, December 26, 2009

Avatar


My first review is about one of the most anticipated movies of the year, Avatar. Avatar is a movie that takes place in a fantasy, insanely real, world called Pandora. That alone is an amazing feat. The main character is an handicapped Marine named Jake. He ventures to Pandora after his brother dies. His brother was going to go to Pandora where he would have been in control of an Avatar body. They needed a biological match and his brother, Jake was a perfect match. So Jake goes to Pandora and he becomes part of the Avatar Project. The Avatar Project is an operation where people can remotely control a body called an Avatar. These Avatar's are ten to twelve feet tall and have tails. Oh yeah, and they're blue. Pretty cool, right? Jake get's into an Avatar body and he goes to the native population called the Na'vi. He has to gain their trust so they will leave their spot in the wild. They have to leave because the earth people want to get a mineral that is worth ten million dollars a kilo. I have to say, visually this movie is fantastic. There isn't a second where you don't think these things are real. As a thirteen-year-old boy, this movie is awesome, the action sequences are awesome, and I really liked it. The performances are pretty great. The casting is perfect. This movie is a great boys night out movie. I would see it again in 3-D. I can't wait for James Cameron (by the way he has a great first name) to make a sequel.

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Cameron
Release: Wide
Release Date: December 18, 2009
On DVD Release: TBD (can't wait!)
Recap: B


Photo Credit, 20th Century Fox

3 comments:

  1. This movie was the best movie that I've seen in a while! I think that you are crazy by saying that you only liked it! This movie isn't only for boy's night out!!! I loved it and so did my grandma and 4 other friend and everyone that I talked to about it(including girls)!!! I waited 2 hours to see this movie and it was totaly awesome and worth it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really want to see it!!!
    It looks great!!!
    is it better in 3-d?

    ReplyDelete