Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leap Year


My first post of the New Year, and I'm glad it was Leap Year. As you know, I review movies I can see to the best of my abilities. I'll tell you, this wasn't at the top of my to-see list. I'm not one for romantic comedies. I'm thirteen, hello? And not many thirteen-year-old boys go to romantic comedies. I'm glad I didn't miss out. Leap Year is awesome. I haven't seen many romantic comedies, and I loved it. It's very moving and I know, we've seen this story a thousand times; she's gonna get married and she meets someone she really loves and, well, you know the ending. But, Leap Year is so different, so funny, and so good. Amy Adams is one of my favorite actresses and she is awesome in this movie. Also, most of it takes place in Ireland and I love a good Irish accent. The ending is pretty cool, and I really enjoyed it. See, one of the things a movie has to have is a great ending. An ending that leaves you happy and content. It has to feel like it's resolved. I loved that this movie did this. I most likely will see this movie again.

Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Anand Tucker
Actors: Amy Adams (Anna), Matthew Goode (Declan), Adam Scott (Jeremy)
Release:Wide
DVD Release:TBD
Recap: B+

Photo Courtesy of Universal Pictures

4 comments:

  1. hey james its madeline. nice website! and now i wanna see leap year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Adams is pregnant!!!
    And not married!!!!
    But she's a great actress...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (*_*)

    ReplyDelete