Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Three Least Favorite Movies of 2010

Being a movie critic, I love to watch movies. I think it's the best job in the world. Getting to see movies and say what you think about them. But, like every other job, there is a downside. Having to sit through bad movies. So, here's my list of the three worst movies of 2010. I don't watch many movies I don't want to see and that's why there are only three on this list. I'll try to see more next year

3. The Last Song
Why: Miley Cyrus made her big screen acting debut in this movie. I don't think there should be a follow up. I didn't think she was good in the movie. The only thing in this movie that made it watchable was Greg Kinnear. His acting was so strikingly good against this jumble of Miley. This was her first on screen movie and I hope it's her last.
Who: Miley Cyrus (Ronnie Miller), Greg Kinnear (Steve Miller), Liam Hemsworth (Will Blakelee)

2. Hereafter
Why: A two hour and six minute movie has never been so long. I felt like it was three or three and a half hours long. This movie just kept dragging on and on and on. Matt Damon is such a solid actor but, I thought he had nothing to work with in this. Three stories were tied together very sloppily and I thought the ending was just so-so. It was extremely boring.
Who: Matt Damon (George Lonegan), Ceceile De France (Mary LeLay), Frankie McLaren (Marcus/Jason), George McLaren (Marcus/Jason)

1. Clash of the Titans
Why: A mixture of a bad script and lame effects caused this 3-D conversion catastrophy. The writing was so bad it was funny. Laugh out loud funny. Liam Neeson was stuck in his scowl and Ralph Finnes was so scratchy in his voice, it sounded like he had been smoking in Hades (no pun intended). This movie wasn't acted well and it wasn't shot that well but the script was just horrible. And I hear it's going to get a sequel.
Who: Liam Neeson (Zeus), Ralph Finnes (Hades), Sam Worthington (Perseus)

Well here's to a year with more movies; good ones that is. Happy New Year.

2 comments:

  1. You are missing one movie. Skyline is the worst movie i have ever seen watch it on netflix it well make you mad but thats one of cons of being a movie critic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard it's awful. I'll watch it.

    ReplyDelete