Sunday, October 17, 2010

Red


Retired Extremely Dangerous. Bruce Willis leads this ex-CIA squad of golden oldies. Willis plays Frank Moses, a (you guessed it) retired CIA agent. The CIA is trying to kill him because of what he knows about a mission that the government put him up to. Karl Urban is the CIA agent trying to kill him. Red is a mindlessly fun movie that kinda gets the job done. It's alright, not as good as some movies that I've seen, but enjoyable enough. I think John Malkovich's acting is genius and hysterical as Marvin Boggs, an extremely paranoid genius who is incredible at noticing details. I thought the plot line in Red was a bit hard to follow. But, being a fourteen-year-old movie critic, the awesome action sequences made up for that. There's one awesome action sequence by a dock that's wicked cool. I really enjoyed all the actors in this. I liked the movie itself, I just thought it could be better. I wish I could have enjoyed this movie more, but for what it was, it was ok. Which is why I'm giving it a B.

Studio: Summit Entertainment
Actors: Bruce Willis (Frank Moses), John Malkovich (Marvin Boggs), Mary-Louise Parker (Sarah Ross), Morgan Freeman (Joe Matheson), Helen Mirren (Victoria)
Release: Wide
DVD Release: TBD
Recap: B

No comments:

Post a Comment