Monday, June 28, 2010

Toy Story 3


"Wow" was the first thought that came to mind when Disney/Pixar announced they were making a third Toy Story. My second thought was how are they going to make it as good as the first two? Toy Story 1 & 2 were two of my favorite movies ever. Now there's a third to add to the list. "Wow" was the first thought after the third movie as well. Toy Story 3 has more heart and emotion than most live action movies. The animation Pixar creates is beautiful. I've never seen such emotion come from an animated cowboy toy or a spaceman action figure. TS3 has something for everyone. Action, comedy, romance, and much more. I can't get over the authenticity of some of the characters. The film is one of (if not) my favorite Disney/Pixar movies ever. TS3 starts with Andy packing up for college and deciding which toys to throw away, put in the attic, or take with him (that last one is reserved for only the best toy). Andy decides to put most of the gang in a trash bag... to go in the attic. Woody though is put in the college box. The toys in the trash bag think they're being thrown away (I mean, wouldn't you if you were put in a trash bag). Apparently, so does Andy's mother, who accidentally leaves them for the garbage truck. Luckily, Woody saves them. Well sort of. They get out, and decide to go in the day-care box. Big mistake. They go to the day-care center, and at first, think it's heaven. It's run by a big plush bear named Lotso who is seemingly very nice. He has two right hand men, a big baby (who is actually a girl, and really creepy) and Ken, Barbie's soon-t0-be boyfriend - the minute they set eyes on each other they know it was meant to be. Lotso tells the whole gang they'll all be played with every day by lots of kids, and won't have any owners. No owners means no heartbreak. I can't spoil the ending but, it is hilarious when Buzz is accidentally reset to Spanish mode. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at an animated movie. It was great. Everything about this movie worked. I loved every minute of it. My first A movie. I reserve A's and A+ for only the best movies. This is the best movie I've seen all year.

Studio: Disney/Pixar
Actors: Tom Hanks (Woody), Tim Allen (Buzz Lightyear), Joan Cusak (Jesse), Ned Beatty (Lotso), Michael Keeton (Ken), Jodi Benson (Barbie)
Release: Wide
DVD Release: TBD
Recap: A

Photo courtesy of Disney/Pixar

No comments:

Post a Comment