Saturday, March 20, 2010

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Or should I say, Diary of a Wimpy movie? Sadly this movie lacks some of the main elements that make movies great. There were some laughs, but mostly the movie was the kid getting in trouble and being a jerk. Not a great movie. I loved Steve Zahn in "That Thing You Do!", but here his performance was - like the rest of the movie - mediocre. Diary of a Wimpy Kid takes place in a middle school where Greg Heffley is destined for greatness if he just wasn't stuck in school with "a bunch of morons." Zachary Gordon who plays Greg also gives a mediocre performance. There are however two very good performances. Greg's friend Rowley (Robert Capron) is really funny, his timing is great and he's perfectly awkward. Greg's brother (Devon Bostick) on the other hand is a drum-playing-older-brother-I'm-not-touching-you kind of guy. He is also one of my favorite actors in the movie because he plays the older brother normally (maybe a little meaner), but funnier. I really wish the movie was as good as these two. But it's not. I regret to say it's one that will be just fine to watch on DVD.

Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Thor Freudenthal
Actors:Zachary Gordon (Greg Heffley), Robert Capron (Rowley Jefferson), Devon Bostick (Rodrick Heffley)
Release:Wide
DVD Release:TBD
Recap:C-

Photo Courtesy of 20th Century Fox

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I agree with you. I was surprised by how much I didn't like it. I thought it was shot a little darkly too. Just not that recommendable.

    ReplyDelete